Education programs offered online
Educational online-only programming offered by camps and after school programs gives kids the opportunity to develop interests on their own time. Kids can acquire extracurricular learning in a variety of school subjects. Find your interest below, to find interactive online learning programs.
E-learning in technology, for kids
Kids who can’t get enough of tech pursuits and education will find excellent programs and offerings from camps and programs. It’s a great way to get tutoring on specific subjects or find ways to learn new things despite social isolation measures. Many camps and programs offer superior one-on-one instruction and offer up-to-minute practical instruction that will propel kids forward, through online learning.
Virtual arts learning and programs
Many arts lend themselves easily to virtual learning environments, and the list of arts programs for kids is one of the fastest growing. The COVID-19 quarantine is a great time to get creative, with virtual arts activities for kids like the following.
Virtual learning for kids with exceptional needs
Several online learning kids’ programs offer support for kids’ special needs like the following:
Find online learning programs by city
If you prefer to engage with online programs that are hosted in your city, find discrete lists for each location linked to below.
Virtual camps are the right solution for parents
It's worth emphasizing that online kids' programs do not imply sedentary screen-time. Many, in fact, create new opportunities for parents to interact with kids in a structured way. As many parents are home 24/7 now, these camps offer relief from the stresses and concerns you’re facing.
Here’s a look at all the reasons why these are an ideal solution for home-bound parents:
- Professionally run camps and programs like those above are well-equipped to offer programming that engages kids in activities tailored to their interests. Camps’ virtual curricula are created with the same spirit and energy that goes into their regular interactive, fun programming.
- Parents find it fun learning alongside their kids. There’s an opportunity to give kids individual attention and to act as a virtual camp counselor.
- It’s also a way to add substance and variety to students' media diet.
- Virtual camp can improve everyone’s mood and break the (let’s admit) boredom of isolation.
How do virtual kids' programs work?
Camps create virtual programming and activities and, in most cases, kids and teens take part whenever they choose. A few virtual kids’ programs may be offered at a set time, running classes and programming virtually, when instructors are available. When you sign up for one of these programs, you’ll receive instructions that are clear and easy to follow.
For many camps and after-school programs, this is a responsive continuation of their programming. Students who were already registered continue participation, while these programs also accept new students. Weekly programs will remain virtual throughout emergency measures. In many cases, parents can register with virtual programs and camps that are usually out of their travel area.
A look at the ease of use of these programs, and why you should enrol:
- Students are able to access the platform from home, using different devices.
- Screen sharing allows instructors to lead students through lessons or activities.
- Students are able to interact with instructors and mentors through web calls or built-in chat applications. Campers previously familiar with the camp will be able to interact with favourite teachers. Students can also get one-on-one instruction and personal feedback on projects, etc.
- Many programs allow students to interact with other campers, as well. This leads to new social opportunities. Kids are making new friends through these virtual programs, despite their isolation.