Discover how animators are Pixar, Cartoon Network, and Disney produce animated cartoons and movies. Create drawings and bring them to life using production techniques such as timelines and keyframes and using Toon Boom Harmony, the same software used by industry pros.
In this course, students will learn how to produce animated cartoons and movies using the same processes as animators at Pixar, Cartoon Network, and Disney do!
Students will create drawings and bring them to life, using production techniques such as timelines and keyframes in Toon Boom Harmony™- the same software used to create Spongebob and many more popular cartoons. Students are encouraged to work as part of a team and make friends who share their interests as they explore other animation techniques like claymation and “humanimation”. At the end of the week, students will take home a stop-motion-animated short film to share with family and friends.
This course is a Digital Media Academy | Pro course and requires specific hardware/software requirements. Please click here to view and download requirements.
Students will be able to…
- Demonstrate animation skills and the fundamentals of storytelling
- Explain how to create "claymation" and "humanimation"
- Develop and create a character
- Use Toon Boom Harmony, professional animation software
Students will create...
- Digital illustrations and simple drawings
- Storyboards and project plans for their animation projects
- 2D animated short films using keyframes and simple drawings
- A stop-motion animated film using clay and props
- A final animation reel that shows off their work as well as their final project
Producer, Director, Filmmaker, Photographer, Animator, Illustrator, Comic Book author, Graphic designer, Video Game designer, Writer, Marketing (advertising, publicity, media relations, brand manager)