Come and learn the challenging brain game and mind sport of Duplicate Bridge for FREE!
BridgeWhiz is a FREE online course for students in Grades 4 through 12. The BridgeWhiz Course consists of twenty 90-minute classes (one per week) and will begin on October 25, 2021. Taught by experienced bridge teachers, weekly classes are offered at four different times in multiple time zones to accommodate busy schedules. It's easy to find a time that works best for you:
1. Choose your preferred day Monday - Thursday
2. Choose your preferred time (available in 6 time zones!):
- 4:00 - 5:30
- 5:00 - 6:30
- 6:00 - 7:30
- 7:00 - 8:30
Proven to improve grades in math and science
BridgeWhiz is designed to teach young people the essentials of this fascinating game whose benefits, intellectual stimulation, and adventure will last a lifetime.
Bridge is a trick-taking card game using a standard 52-card deck. In its basic format, it is played by four players in two competing partnerships, with partners sitting opposite each other around a table. Millions of people play bridge worldwide in clubs, tournaments, online and with friends at home, making it one of the world's most popular card games. With its math-driven nature and requirement of keen deductive reasoning, young players out-scored their non-playing counterparts on Standardized Tests by 39.31% in Science, 24.22% in Math and 22.74% in Social Science.
"Having fun” is our primary goal. During the BridgeWhiz 20 week program students will learn the core bridge topics of "Play of the Hand", "Bidding" and "Defense". Graduating students are offered opportunities to continue lessons at all skill levels through grade 12. Local, National and International youth tournaments are available to graduating students.
- Our partners include the ACBL, ABTA, SharkBridge, and Bridge for Youth.
- Each class will accommodate 20 to 40 students, each playing the same hands at the same time against friendly robots, according to the prescribed syllabus.
- 75% of the lesson is dedicated to the student playing cards and 25% to whiteboard teaching.
- An assistant teacher is assigned to every teacher to assist in digitally monitoring each child's screen to ensure no student falls behind.
All graduating students receive a free, one-year Junior Membership in the American Contract Bridge League (ACBL). Students are allowed to graduate into more advanced classes throughout their middle and high school years.
Fun Fact: Bill Gates and Warren Buffett play Bridge to stay mentally sharp!
REGISTRATION DEALDINE: OCTOBER 17
- Registration is open to 1000 students in North America: USA, Canada, Mexico.
- Classes start October 25, 2021
- Registration closes October 17, 2021
- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR FREE