Offering a CCMA accredited Toddler and Montessori program, as well as an accelerated Grade 1 to 8 Elementary program, we focus on teaching 21st-century learning skills, including independence, creativity, collaboration, intrinsic motivation and leadership. Coding, STEAM, and Design Thinking are all a part of our curriculum. Students at Wishing Well love learning, graduating with the confidence to succeed in academically rigorous, technologically advanced learning environments.
How well-suited is your child to Wishing Well Schools?
- Founded in 1978
- CCMA Accredited Toddler Program 18 months to 2.6
- CCMA Accredited Montessori Program ages 2.6 to 6
- Advanced technology in Elementary program (iPads, Chromebooks, drones, film & podcasting equipment)
- Accelerated Academic Program Grades 1-8
- Focus on S.T.E.A.M. and Design Thinking
- Coding from Grades 1 to Grade 8
- Daily French Classes from age 3 to Grade 8
- Dedicated Language Arts and Math teachers from Grade 5 to 8
- Students who love learning
Our Take: Wishing Well Schools
Founded in 1978, Wishing Well is one of the older Montessori programs in the region, as well as the country, so has had a lot of time to develop its programs. Today it provides the foundational elements of the method, including a strong sense of place, as well as a wealth of opportunity to peer interaction. The Casa classrooms are of a size that the work well, allowing for mentorship relationships to develop naturally among the students. In addition, the administration has demonstrated a keen desire to develop the program with an eye to the kinds of things that students need when they advance to grade 9 and beyond, including a keen interest in developing 21st century literacies, including digital literacy and a robust science curricula. The extended care option, included in tuition, is understandably a very welcome feature for the families that enroll; it’s also a sign of the school’s attention to the needs of the parent community. The school has built a reputation on providing a strong, varied program based firmly in the ethos of the Montessori method, with an eye to educating students to be creative, confident, and social learners.