Fulford Academy is a coeducational private day, boarding and online school in Brockville, Ontario Canada. Founded in 2002, Fulford Academy offers grades 6 to 12, leading to the OSSD - Ontario Secondary School Diploma. Our unique curriculum offers differentiated instruction, advanced placement and emphasis on Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Arts (STEM +A). Our specialized programs include ESL Prep, University Prep, Fulford Online, Hybrid Dual High School Diploma Program, and Summer Programs.
- Fulford Academy is part of a global education network called BAU, and delivers the STEM+A curriculum
- Fulford Academy accepts students from our local community, nationally, and all over the world.
- Advanced Placement (AP) High School Courses.
- Individual preparation & support to apply for Canadian Universities.
- 100% university placement rate of Fulford graduates.
- High School Athletic Teams compete in LGSSAA, OFSSAA
- Community involvement through regularly scheduled volunteer opportunities.
- Living and learning in a small and safe community.
- Fresh, healthy, nutritious meals made daily on site by our Head Chef.
- Students become true global citizens in our intercultural learning environment.
Our Take: Fulford Academy
International education can mean different things in different contexts. Some educate students to adopt a global view. Others, as with Fulford Academy, it’s the student population that brings the international flavor, arriving from around the world, often with the intention of staying in Canada to complete their high school and post-secondary careers. The school communicates with families in 11 languages, something which is very key, and very welcome, for many of them. Cultural literacy is a focus, as is proficiency in English. For some, Fulford is a stepping stone other schools, though students are of course welcome to stay through the completion of their high school degrees, as indeed many do. The ideal student is a one intending to pursue post-secondary education in Canada, and who is also looking for a smaller, more personalized setting in which to get up to speed with the various fluencies they will need in order to achieve success.
What does learning at Fulford Academy look like now?
Calling all Ontario, Canadian, and international students! Whether you're in Middle School (grade 6-8), High School, or you need English Language support, Fulford Academy's online programs meet the high standards of the Ontario curriculum in a way that only Fulford Academy offers: by integrating science, technology, engineering, math and the arts (STEM+A) in a way that prepares students for post-secondary studies and challenges them to get ahead through Advanced Placement courses. Fulford Online offers a fit for every kind of student - learn from anywhere with the flexibility you want and the support you need to succeed.
At Fulford Academy, online learning aligns with our belief that all students should have access to quality education and that all students should be supported in their learning.
Some highlights of our online programs include:
- Courses can be accessed at any time, anywhere, and all materials are available online.
- We offer both blended and synchronous models using the Google Classrooms platform.
- Teachers ensure language acquisition through the use of videos, voice recordings, and one-on-one meetings.
- Students participate through conversations, debates, discussions, group work, and various assessments.
- Teachers offer 1-on-1 support through multiple, flexible meeting times to answer student’s questions in real-time.
- Teachers are committed to encouraging and supporting different learning styles.
View recent COVID-19 updates from Fulford Academy