Perfecting Pastries: If your child has a passion for the pastry arts and the drive to perfect their craft, perfecting pastries is the perfect program for them! Perfecting Pastries is our comprehensive pastry program designed to inspire and challenge even the most experienced pastry enthusiasts out there! Each day a new pastry menu will be featured, including a wide range of recipes from confectionery items such as homemade marshmallows to summer-inspired pies and pastries.
Objective: To teach our campers advanced pastry skills and knowledge while building their confidence in themselves and their abilities. Upon completing this program, our campers will understand the foundations of pastry preparation and have the skills and confidence to tackle any recipe independently at home.
- All camps are conducted LIVE on Zoom
- Learn from Real Chefs
- 14 campers per week with a 1:7 chef to camper ratio
- Register for camps based on Age & Cooking skills: JUNIOR for ages 7-10; & SENIOR for ages 11-16
- Camps are offered: Mornings (10:00am - 12:30pm) OR Afternoons (1:00pm - 3:30pm)
- Register by the DAY or by the WEEK to best fit your summer schedule
- More info: https://www.rookstocooks.ca/summer-cooking-camps/
Junior (Jr.) vs. Senior (Sr.) Camps:
- JR camp curriculum has been built for entry level cooks looking to build on their skills and grow their passion for the culinary arts.
- SR camp curriculum is tailored for intermediate to advanced cooks looking to challenge themselves and expand their recipe repertoire.
- If you’re not sure where your child fits in, students ages 7-10 are recommended to join our JR group and teens ages 11 – 16 are recommended to join our SR group.
- Contact us and we would be happy to help find the ideal class for your young chef!
Parental supervision and or support requirements are completely dependent on your child and your family’s comfortability with your child’s independence in the kitchen.