What is it about? - An in-depth book reading program that connects students with the stories.
Who is it for? - Students who love to read and watch movies.
Why do we offer it? -To practice reading comprehension and critical thinking skills.
How is it taught? - In class: reading together, discussions, presentations, and comparison between the book to the movie; Homework: vocabulary and reading comprehension.
ABOUT THE BOOK - How to Eat Fried Worms
Author: Thomas Rockwell Lexile Rating: R - 650L
Alan challenges Billy to eat a worm a day for 15 days. The winner gets $50. Tom prepares the worms in a variety of ways to make them more appetizing, using condiments such as ketchup, mustard, horseradish, and maple syrup.
1. Identify characteristics & character development
2. Identify conflict & resolution
3. Understand & Summarize Plot
1. Reading Comprehension Questions
2. Creative Depictions of Significant Chapters of Book
3. Create OWN fried worm recipe in a new chapter