What is it about? - An in-depth book reading program that connects students with the stories.
Who is it for? - Students who love to read and watch movies.
Why do we offer it? -To practice reading comprehension and critical thinking skills.
How is it taught? - In class: reading together, discussions, presentations, and comparison between the book to the movie; Homework: vocabulary and reading comprehension.
ABOUT THE BOOK - Hunger Games
Author: Suzanne Collins Lexile Rating: Z - 810L
In the ruins of North America is Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by 12 districts. The Capitol keeps the districts in line by forcing them to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. 16-year-old Katniss Everdeen, without meaning to, becomes a contender in the Games. But how will she choose between survival and love?
1. Identify characteristics & character development
2. Identify conflict & resolution
3. Understand & Summarize Plot
1. Reading comprehension questions
2. Creative depictions of significant chapters of book
3. Create OWN fried worm recipe in new chapter (with plot, character, conflict etc)