I think my child is gifted. How do I know for sure?
Without academic indicators, educators, let alone parents, find it difficult to determine if a child is gifted. Even tests such as the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children (WISC), a roughly two-hour oral test, don't always accurately reflect giftedness. However, schools that offer gifted programs do use tests and various assessments of intellectual, behavioural and other factors, so that's the best place to start.
Read more about how gifted children learn and what schools are doing to ensure they shine. Article : Look on the Bright Side
Looking for a school offering a gifted program? Here's a list of schools for gifted kids to begin your search.
1. How does the private school curriculum differ from that of a public school?
2. What additional costs other than tuition fees do I have to consider when budgeting for a school year in a private school (Grade 1)?
3. Why donations are mandatory for some (or maybe all) private schools?
4. What factors are considered when ranking private schools?
5. How do the professional qualifications of a private school teacher differ from those of a public school teacher?
6. Are the private schools' students also required to be tested by the Education Quality and Accountability Office (EQAO)? If not, then, how do private schools are evaluated in terms of students' knowledge and competencies, and the quality of education provided?